Ensuring that you and your team are up-to-date with the latest thinking in service design tools and methods is an important first step towards building your internal capacity for service design. The next step is to apply these within a real-world context. Through our training and development programmes we provide our clients with the skills and confidence they need to develop and deliver innovative services.
We regularly host 'Greenhouse' a 2.5-day course that attracts public service innovators from across Europe to PDR for an immersive training programme in service design.
· Suitable for individuals seeking to build expertise in service and policy design
· Aimed at public and third sector managers
· Broad overview of key service design tools and methods
· Covers customer journey mapping, service blueprinting and prototyping.
Greenhouse has been developed based on years of research and experience of delivering design-driven innovation projects in the public sector.
This course will equip you with the confidence to apply design approaches to developing services and policies in your organisation. Greenhouse combines a live project, set and assessed by a public body, with training in design tools and techniques. This approach ensures that the training is applied within a real-life context, providing a far richer learning experience for participants.
Greenhouse offers not only 2.5 day of intensive hands-on learning, but also excellent networking opportunities. It is delivered by facilitators who literally practice what they preach, working with public sector clients at local, national and European levels.
Who should attend?
Greenhouse is aimed at people working within the public and third sector. Specifically innovation labs, improvement and performance teams, commissioning, innovation, business improvement, performance management, information technology, audit, operations and public policy.
What will you learn?
· The fundamentals of service design.
· How to address problems on a policy level and use design to formulate public policy.
· Methods for understanding public challenges from a user’s perspective.
· Tools for engaging front-line staff in design and innovation projects.
· Ways to co-own public decisions and co-create public services with citizens.
· Processes that will help you design within tight boundaries.
· New ideas for stretching your approach to continuous improvement.
· Understanding of how to manage design and innovation within public services.
· Techniques for designing and iterating on live projects.
· Introduction to speculative methods to expand the realms of what is possible.
· How you can design more effective touchpoints for your service.
UK Policy Lab / European Central Bank / Essex County Council / Cork County Council / The UK Cabinet Office / Government Digital Service / The Northern Ireland Public Sector Innovation Lab / City of Cardiff Council / Atradius / Marshall’s Office of Silesia / Polish Agency for Enterprise / Polish Agency for Enterprise Development / Northern Ireland Civil Service / Vale of Glamorgan Council / Careers Wales / Irish Institute of Public Administration / The Treasury / Eduserv / Estonian Social Enterprise Network / Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia / Latvian School of Public Administration / City of Oslo / Queen’s University Belfast / Hellenic Design Centre
We also deliver bespoke training programmes aimed at organisations seeking to build long-term service design capacity across multiple teams. Our immersive courses are built around client’s current challenges to quickly embed learnings into day-to-day operations. Additional support is provided between training days.
If you are interested in any of our training programmes or would like to discuss your organisational requirements in more detail, please contact the team on the details below.